MARINE ALIGNMENT SERVICE
ROTATEK provides 3D marine alignment services and precision measurement solutions including main engine alignment, reduction gear alignment, stern tube alignment, strut alignment and more. Utilizing the latest 2D and 3D laser technologies available, we are able to perform these services faster with higher accuracy than traditional methods saving valuable outage time and resources.
Excessive vibration on marine vessels can often be the result of misalignment which can ultimately lead to failures and costly repairs. For the safe and reliable operation of your propulsion system, precision alignment is an essential requirement.
A detailed graphical measurement report is supplied with all marine alignment services.
Our commitment to excellence paired with our state-of-the-art measurement capabilities makes ROTATEK your trusted precision service partner.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Our expert team is ready to help you with your next project. Explore the industries we serve or contact us to learn more.
3D Laser Alignment and Measurement Solutions for Marine Applications
Unlike traditional alignment methods using piano wire, alignment telescopes and 2d laser optics, ROTATEK field engineers utilize 3D portable coordinate measuring machines (PCMM) including Laser Trackers and Articulating Arms for unparalleled accuracy, precision and measurement acquisition time.
Marine laser alignment services and precision measurement solutions include main engine alignment, gear alignment, bearing alignment, stern tube alignment, strut alignment, deck targeting, shaft alignment, dimensional analysis, part inspections, reverse engineering, geometric dimensioning, tolerancing, levelness, flatness, straightness, concentricity, parallelism, circularity, cylindricity, and more.
Laser trackers operate by measuring two angles and a distance. The tracker sends a laser beam to a retroreflective target held against the object being measured. As light is reflected off the target, it bounced back and re-enters the tracker at the same position it left and is measured by a distance meter, measuring the distance between the tracker and target.
- Shaft Alignment
- Coupling Alignment
- Cardan Shaft Alignment
- Bore Alignment
- Diesel Engine Alignment
- Gearbox Alignment
- Generator Alignment
- Bearing Alignment
- Electric Motor Alignment
- Stern Tube Alignment
- Strut Alignment
- Rudder Alignment
- Propulsion Alignment
- Main Engine Alignment
- Geometric Alignment
- 2-D and 3-D Alignments
- Machine Train Alignment
- Simultaneous Multi-Coupling Measurement
- Thermal Growth and Dynamic Movement
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Hull Deformation
- Flatness, Straightness, Concentricity, Parallelism, Perpendicularity
Misalignment costs time and money
Did you know over 50% of rotating equipment failures are directly related to misalignment and unbalance? Misaligned or unbalanced equipment are subjected to higher vibration levels significantly reducing the service life of bearings, seals, shafts and couplings.
- ROTATEK can help reduce overall operating costs and increase equipment reliability, efficiency, productivity and uptime with our precision balancing and expert laser alignment services.
- Our field service engineers have extensive knowledge with rotating equipment and are trained in the latest measurement technologies and precision maintenance practices
- We are committed to excellence and are dedicated to provide you the best service possible
- We travel to you no matter where in the world you may need us
- 24/7 emergency service is available
- We can Align Anything, Anytime, Anywhere
Precision alignment benefits:
- Reduced overall operating costs
- Reduced power consumption
- Reduced machinery vibration
- Reduced wear on bearings, seals, shafts and couplings
- Reduced machinery failures
- Reduced vibrations in machine bases, foundations, ductwork, piping, etc
- Oil and Gas
- Power Generation
- Marine and Shipbuilding